San Diego Neonatology, Inc., an independent physician practice, is committed to treating patients, families, professional colleagues, and employees with deep respect and compassion while providing state-of-the-art medical management to neonates entrusted to our care throughout San Diego County.
We provide intensive care to premature, low birth weight and critically-ill infants in Neonatal Intensive Care Units (NICUs). These NICUs are staffed 24 hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week by our experienced neonatologists. Our dedicated clinicians work in Level I, Level II and Level III NICUs. Our neonatologists and maternal-fetal medicine specialists provide coordinated care for expectant mothers with complicated pregnancies whose babies are often admitted to the NICU upon delivery. We believe continuity of treatment from mother and developing fetus, during pregnancy to the newborn upon delivery, has improved the clinical outcomes of our patients.
Our comprehensive neonatal services include:
- Intensive care for preterm and term newborn infants
- Attendance at high-risk deliveries
- Consultations with families whose pregnancy has been complicated by a diagnosis of birth defects, multiple gestation, or probable preterm delivery
- Transport services for ill newborn infants
- Complete pre- and post-operative care
- Conventional high frequency mechanical ventilation
- Inhaled nitric oxide therapy
- Therapeutic hypothermia for hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy
- Coordination of subspecialty medical consultations
- Telephone consultations with other physicians
- Clinical research
- Educational presentations for health care providers and neonatal and prenatal organizations
- Breastfeeding program