Perinatal Care Coordination: Supporting Families from Pregnancy, Delivery and Transition to Home
San Diego Neonatology, Inc. staff provides care coordination for parents expecting more than one baby, a baby with congenital anomaly, and premature or sick newborns. Through highly trained neonatologists, neonatal nurse practitioners and advanced-practice nurses, families are ensured a smooth transition from perinatal care and birth to neonatal care.
Our comprehensive neonatal services include:
• Guidance through the health care system.
• Coordination of resources between hospitals, clinics and providers.
• Support through perinatal care, labor, delivery, and care of infants.
• Postnatal follow-up care by providing referrals and answering questions.
• Intensive care for preterm and term newborn infants.
• Attendance at high-risk pregnancies.
• Consultations with families whose pregnancy has been complicated by a diagnosis of birth defects, multiple gestation or probable preterm delivery.
• Transport services for ill newborns.
• Complete pre- and post-operative care.
• Conventional and high frequency mechanical ventilation.
• Inhaled nitric oxide therapy.
• Therapeutic hypothermia for hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy.
• Coordination of subspecialty medical consultations.
• Telephone consultations with other physicians.
• Clinical research.
• Educational presentations for healthcare providers and neonatal and prenatal organizations.
• Breastfeeding program.
• High risk infant follow up clinic.